1. To work with others to provide and improve recreational and cultural facilities and opportunities.
2. To plan and work with others to improve leisure and sporting activities on Portland.
3. To plan and work with others to tackle poverty.
4. To work with social and private landlords in meeting Portland housing needs.
5. To improve access to services by disadvantaged people.
6. To work with others to promote community health.
7. To consult and communicate more widely, and encourage greater public participation.
8. To work with the police, other authorities and the public to reduce crime and the fear of crime.
1. To work in partnership with the public and private sector to facilitate sustainable tourism and economic development.
2. To promote employment for local people.
3. To encourge the development of marine activities.
4. To promote the positive image of Portland.
5. To consult and communicate more widely, and encourage greater public participation.
1. To improve the appearance of Portland.
2. To conserve the heritage of Portland.
3. To work with others to manage Portland’s natural environment for the benefit of the residents of Portland, now and in the future.
8th August 2007